I love Great Britain. It's official. Team GB is where it's at and that's what I am now renaming my family after two weeks in France. I am trying my best not to moan about my hols and putting a big fake, 'yes it was lovely thanks' smile on my face. I promise I am only going to write positive things about the holiday, so here they are...
* The thunderstorms were amazing, loud, fork lighteningly good
* Shrek 2 isn't such a bad film after the eighth viewing
* Walking on a Normandy beach in heavy rain is brilliant exercise
* Eating three types of cheese every day may cause huge spots and stomach but is full of fantastic bone strengthening calcium
* My husband has a fantastic sense of direction, and we did a wonderful detour on our way there.
* Squatting over a hole in the ground is great for the thigh muscles
* I find a good walk around with a toddler between courses at a restaurant really helps my digestion
* Two star hotels that have mouldy lapshades, ripped towels and a musty smell are soooo retro
* Spending seven hours in a car with two children every few days brings you so much closer as a family
* Family rows are good for the soul
We have made a decision. No more holidays abroad until the children leave home.