My husband is damn good at apologising so no matter how hard I try, I can't be cross for long.
I went to pick up lovely girl from school at lunchtime and when I came home I found;
* some gorgeous long stemmed roses already put in a vase of water
* a pink patisserie box with a large fresh slice of my favourite New York cheese cake
* a note saying 'I Love You. Sorry...'
* and the thing that made me smile the most, Arctic Monkey's 'Mardy Bum' playing on a loop on the i-pod.
There was no sign of him though, which was a relief.
I responded NOT by writing, 'Oh Darling, I forgive you' on the bottom of the note, because I am a woman afterall and deep down I can't help being a bit of a shrew.
So I wrote this;
Things I have discovered would make you happy after our row...
* Tying me to the kitchen sink (and not in a kinky way)
* Monitoring my computer usage to make sure I am not slacking from household tasks
* Sniffing the hoover when you come in to make sure it has been used
* Informing Waitrose to only serve me twice weekly MAX
* Giving me pocket money as you think I am quite clearly overspending on food for OUR children
* Getting a cattle prod to ensure I am awake, dressed and ready to serve breakfast before you leave in the morning
* And finally you must stop me from going out the four times a year that I go out so that I am present for all bath times.
He read it, laughed and said, 'Actually a cattle prod is not such a bad idea...'