|The beautiful beach at Barcelona|
It was Monaco that broke me. After another long weekend looking after the children whilst the husband partied with the rich folk of Monte Carlo, I promised myself to book some time away with the girls. Not my 8 and 5 year old girls, nah, my grown up girl friends. It was to be the first time away without kids and husband for years. Following on from husband's performance in Monaco, I had a little list of Must Do's:
1) Call husband when he's walking dogs in pissing rain and tell him how gorgeous the weather is. Then tell him I can't talk because I'm off for a glass of Cava.
2) Drink so much Cava I forget to call and wish children good night.
3) When he gets the hump say, 'I knew you'd be like this. What's your problem?'
4) Insist I was in bed early despite the gravelly voice
5) Come back with a full beard, unchanged pants and sweat alcohol for 3 consecutive nights.
Which is generally what happens when he goes away.
I am happy to report that I was having far too nice a time to do any of the above ^^^ and phoned the family nightly to wish them sweet dreams.
It was such a brilliant weekend away and I heartily recommended it as the perfect pick me up to anyone who feels that life is just a massive pile of dirty socks.
The flights were a bargain at £100, the hotel was lovely little boutique number which cost us £75 a night.
|The roof terrace bar at our hotel|
The Cava by the glass was about 3Euros.
The time hanging out at W hotel and dancing 'til 4am was priceless.
|The W hotel bar for cocktails|
A young man guessing my age at 28/30 was worth the air fare alone (it was VERY dark in there, but I'll take what little compliments I get these days and cherish them).
|me and the Cava|
So, where to next year girls? I'm thinking Marbs...the pennies are being saved already...